Nepal Ko Yuwa has established a governing Walk for Nepal board that oversees the activities of the local organizing team. The board will execute the following functions:
- Create guidelines for organizing Walk for Nepal in various cities in the US and other parts of the world. The learning in each city will serve as key inputs to upgrading this set of guidelines
- Decide based on the capacity and demand at the local level whether a city is ready to host Walk for Nepal
- Create a platform for financial transparency and accountability through a central website
- Publicize Walk for Nepal through the website as well as other advertising campaigns
- Provide the necessary linkages between Nepal and the local city
- Oversee local operations at a regular basis to ensure local strategies are aligned with the global vision
- Provide the local organizing team with necessary resources such as network outreach and fund-raising support.